Lions Business Brokers (“LBB”) operates www.lionsbusinessbrokers.com (“SITE”). This policy details how LBB uses and protects personal information it receives, including information about your use of the SITE. LBB is committed to protecting your privacy. Information you provide while using the SITE will be used only in accordance with this policy. LBB may update this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will notify you of significant changes to this policy by placing a notice on the SITE. In order for LBB to provide the SITE it must collect information from you. This policy applies only to the SITE and to the activities of LBB’s officers and employees. This policy does not extend to third-party sites linked from and to the SITE and LBB does not control the collection or use of personal information collected on third-party sites.
1. Information we collect
When you visit the SITE you may provide LBB with two types of information: ‘Your Personal Information’ you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and ‘Website Use Information’ collected on an aggregate basis as you and others use the SITE.
LBB may as a result of your interaction with the SITE hold and process personal information obtained about you when you access the SITE and use it for servicing our relationship with you, for the purposes of fraud prevention, to conduct our business and to provide you with better customer service and products from the LBB and those of selected third parties, to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of the SITE and for statistical analysis.
LBB will not collect sensitive information except with your consent, and then only if collection of such information is necessary for some activity or function. For the purpose of this policy, ‘Sensitive Information’ means health information or information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices; or
- criminal record.
Your Personal Information
- LBB identifies you by an email address and any other such information you provide LBB via the SITE.
- In order to receive or provide payments from or you, LBB may collect information and account details enabling such transactions, and details of those transactions, such as a record of products you have purchased.
Website Use Information
- LBB records information about your interactions with the SITE, and with LBB-hosted content embedded in third party web sites. LBB servers automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, browser configuration, the page or information you have requested and the date and time of your request.
- LBB utilises “cookies” which enables it to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the SITE. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. If you disable cookies, the SITE may not function properly.
2. How we use collected information
LBB uses the information you provide in order to identify you, communicate with you, and provide personalised services. You may choose to remain anonymous to LBB by withholding identifying information or refusing offers to join our mailing list.
If you choose to decline to provide certain personal information to LBB, LBB may not be able to provide you full access to the SITE.
3. Our use of collected information may include:
- sharing aggregate information with third parties which does not personally identify you;
- contacting you, including with promotional materials and notifications in accordance with the Spam Act 2003;
- billing and account management;
- research and development in improving our services and in developing new products and services; and
- monitoring and maintaining our computers and network.
If you request LBB not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, LBB will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but it may still use or disclose that information if LBB:
- subsequently notifies you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- believes that observing the request will legitimately inhibit LBB’s ability to provide the SITE;
- believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- is required by law to disclose that information.
Personal information collected by LBB will be used only for purposes outlined in this policy. If LBB proposes to use your information for any other purposes then you will be provided with a means to opt out of the use of your information for those purposes. You may opt out of receiving promotional materials from LBB.
LBB will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of the SITE. For the avoidance of doubt, personal information will not be used for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect. LBB does not sell or share your personal information with a third party except where:
- you have provided your express consent;
- it is made in connection with the provision of the SITE pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of Use;
- LBB is responding to a court order, legal process or enforceable government request;
- LBB believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate or take action in response to illegal activities; fraud or technical or security issues; threats against the rights, property or safety of LBB, its employees, users or the public; or
- s otherwise required by law.
Securing your information
LBB employs appropriate electronic and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorised access or modification. Access to your personal information is limited to employees we believe reasonably need to use that information in order to perform their roles in providing or developing the SITE.
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to LBB through the SITE. You are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy please send an email to Lions@lionsbusinessbrokers.com.